The SIA Security Guarding licence allows you to work in the private security industry as a security officer. Security Officers usually work can work in a wide variety of roles including static guarding, manned guarding, key holding etc.
Obtaining the Level 2 Security Guard training course is the first step towards obtaining your SIA licence to work in the security industry. If you are looking to work in the Security industry as a Security Guard only, this is the right course for you.
Middlesbrough training centre
Boho Six Offices, 5 Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 1RE
(Use TS1 1SR for Google Maps, next to Zetland Car Park)
Zetland Car Park, TS1 1SR, pay and display. Open 0700 to 1900 daily.
located over the road from Middlesbrough Train Station and 5 minute walk from Middlesbrough Bus Station.
We run courses every month, send us an email or call now to find out when our next course is
Book your course today by calling 08006123280 (24-hour) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I get the licence?
Getting your SIA Security Guard Licence may seem like a long-winded process. Getting your licence actually involves the following 3 easy steps:
- Step 1:Book and attend one of our SIA Security Guard licence courses
- Step 2: Get certified by passing the course. You can resit as many times as you want if you don’t pass
- Step 3: Complete the SIA application process on the SIA’s website or use of Fast Track service to speed up this process
The SIA Security Guarding course runs over 3 days and is divided into 3 units:
- Unit 1: Working in The Private Security Industry
- Unit 2: Working as a Security Officer
- Unit 3: Conflict Management for The Private Security Industry
On the final day of the course there will be three multiple choice exams and a practical assessment.
Our pass rates are some of the highest in the business thanks to the highly experienced instructors and the quality of the training providers.
Security Guard training courses are extremely popular and spaces are limited!
Why Vistech Services?
- Training Guarantee: Guaranteed high quality training centre and trainers
- Enhanced Customer Support: We are available after hours including late evenings, nights and early mornings via email and telephone
Any questions regarding our courses, for further information or to book call 08006123280 (24-hour) or email email@example.com
Difference between Security Guarding and Door Supervision
You may be wondering the difference between Security Guarding and Door Supervision. It is important to understand this difference as Security Guards cannot work as Door Supervisors. However, Door Supervisors can work as Security Guards.
The first 3 units of both these qualifications are the same but Door Supervisors learn an additional unit (Physical Intervention). This additional unit allows them to work in more roles whilst also enabling them for Security Guarding roles. We always recommend the Door Supervision course over Security Guarding.