Recruitment is conducted in line with the requirements of our stringent Quality Management System and the requirements of BS 7858, the Code of Practice for screening Individuals Employment in Security Environment. All applicants are required to supply personal information including:
- Employment history
- Character references
- Information on health
- Education and qualifications
- Details of any cautions or convictions including motoring offences
- Details of any significant periods spent abroad
Screening to British Standards 7858
Subject to successful initial interview a full 10 year month on month screening will be conducted in line with BS 7858. All applicants will be required to provide original documentation to confirm:
- Address verification
- Proof of identity
- Police check from any country or countries visited in last five years if outside the UK for over 6 months
Once screening and verification is satisfactory completed applicant will be
- Formally inducted into Vistech Services
- Have their terms and conditions and contract of Employment issued and explained
- Undertake an initial appraisal
Site Specific Training
Training is provided by Senior Supervisor or Manager until competency achieved.
Ongoing site training by Senior Supervisors or Managers during their first 12 weeks of employment. This training is designed to underpin the classroom training and ensure all our employees possess the necessary knowledge, understanding and professionalism to perform their duties effectively.
We train sufficient employees to ensure a pool of competent staff is always available to provide contingency cover.
Annual appraisals monitor attendance, performance and assess future training and development potential.